Friday, March 27, 2009

Bali!

Wow... two weeks have gone by! Not sure if people are still reading my updates but I'm gonna keep writing them!

So much has happened. Went to the Fraser Islands and ended up having amazing weather! Lake Mackenzie was beautiful! It's one of the top 10 beaches in the world and it's a lake! Turqoise blue water and such nice water! Did a lot of 4x4ing the whole weekend. Went to another lake where we had to trek through sand dunes to get there.

Day after we got back we had to make a 10 hr drive to Airlie Beach! No rest! Then the next day we went on our 2 night sailing trip. Unfortunately another cyclone was coming in so we had a huge rainstorm on the first day of sailing. It was crazy. We were all sitting on one side of the boat in wet suits and rain jackets hanging on for dear life! Weather cleared up but still cloudy for the few days there.

Next we went to Townsville and then Cairns where we swam in another Lagoon cus there was no beach!

Started to feel really sick and got my malaria pills for Thailand and some Codene for my headache pain. Turns out I have a sinus infection and we had 3 flights in two days!

Now we are in Bali and I love it!!! First day we got here was their New Years so we weren't allowed to leave their hotel but no worries since we have two pools with swim up bars and cheap drinks! I got a 2.5 hour spa package which included a one hour massage, facial and manicure for only $27!! Best massage of my life.

Today had to go to the doctor to get meds. If I get sick one more time I'm going home! It's costing too much lol Just got back from a 5 hour tour of South Bali. We had our own private tour and went to Dreamland a really nice beach. Perfect for surfing! Then we went to a temple and saw a traditional dance done which was really interesting to watch. No music but 70 guys chanting! Then we went to see this cool statue then had a seafood dinner on the beach! Never done that before.

Tomorrow we are heading to the Gili Islands which are supposed to be amazing. Doing that for 7 nights then coming back to Bali. It all seems to be happening so fast! I definitely love it here more than Australia. I needed a change in culture and definitely got it.

Hope everyone is doing well at home!

No comments: